Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ocker Quiz Conclusion

Hey Gang,

These are my last hours in Australia, I've got everything set up. So before I leave for the airport, I thought I would finish off the Ocker Quiz.

The last question asked: What is unique about the Australian Coat of Arms?

Many of you grazed the answer, but no one got it completely correct. You were on the right track if you mentioned the Emu and Roo, but the real meat of the question lies in the uniqueness of those particular animals appearing on a coat of arms. Indeed, you'd need to be familiar with Australian dietary habits and have a hunch about those of the rest of the world in relation to their own coats of arms.

Indeed, the full answer that we were looking for is:

Australia is the only country that habitually eats the animals depicted on its coat of arms.

In fact, people have been known to throw "Coat of Arms" dinner parties featuring Emu and Kangaroo.

So how shall I award the points?

Dad: Hmm. Not even close. Although I'm glad to see that you decided to keep the Z and forget about the TT. 3 points.

Jessie: Large folded passages. . . covered in mucus no doubt! The yabbos eat the emus, they don't fornicate with their orifices. That's what all the sheep are for. Bad girl. 3.5 points.

Lizzle: see above explanation. 4 points for being on the right track

gnuheller: interesting tidbit, and the right track. 4.5 points

uslennar: thank you for pointing out the gross misuse of wikipedia and google. On the other hand, you obviously have never been to Melbourne in June. I'm wishing I had a down insulated Gore-tex Coat of Arms sometimes. 4 points

mom: The kiddies were right about the emu and roo--- I wish I could be there to tell them that they taste delicious. I'd send a roo home for the landing. Wouldn't Buddy look cute with his head sticking out of the pouch? 4.5 points

Velma: vegetarian animals on the coat of arms. Very insightful. How many carnivores do humans eat anyway? Crocs, I guess, but that's very Aussie, too. So maddeningly close. Half a cigar! 5 points.

Okay!

Here's the final standings for the Ocker Quiz:

Velma 11.5
gnuheller 11.1
Dad 9
Lenny 9
Mom 8.5
Lizzle 7.5
Karl 6.4
Matt 5.5
Jessie 4.5
Steve 3
Jason 3
Rich 1
Mark 1
Guru 1
Mike -3

So Velma's in the top spot as the Ocker Quiz concludes. But we're not done!

Gird thyself for The Mongol Quiz shown here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home