Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ocker Quiz #4 Results

Hmmm, over a month and a bit and still no Ocker Quiz results. I think time must be passing quickly for me. It seems like only yesterday I was posting pictures of rock vaginas on the web where vulnerable children might see them.

So yes. The answer to the previous Ocker Quiz question is: vulvae, vaginas, yonies, sandstone clams, aboriginal unmentionables, petroglyphic poontang, lithic lobster, fossil furburgers.

And yes, Velma got it right. No one knows why the ancestral aboriginal people carved these symbols in the rock. Perhaps they were masochists? As Gnuheller points out, some are at hip height after all... Or I can just hear some aboriginal parent shouting "Don't carve yourself, you'll go blind!"

Here's my judgement on the answers you provided.

Velma: 6 points. 'muff said.

Steve: You're right. Hagar is crazy. I haven't thought about Hagar in years. 3 points. Welcome aboard, bro.

Dad: Steady on. Did you dream that up in the hot tub? 3 points and something to ponder: the aboriginal concept of Dreamtime.

Mom: Actually there are lots of little fossils in the sandstone all over the place. And yes! those are aboriginal "stencils". Exactly what they're called. 3 points

Matt: Hah! That explains the ancient aboriginal art of plaster censorship. You should write a paper on that theory. Cite the blog. 3 points

Karl: That defeatist attitude will get you no where! You're totally correct dude. I fully expect you to chime in on the next round with gusto! (or whatever passes for gusto in Iceland) 3.5 points.

gnuheller: Gnetts it right, with gnood colour commentary to boot. Not sure if that last paragraph is BS or not, but gnood on ya-- I too was wondering about the orientation. 5 points

uslennar: What are you trying to say? Obviously I can't afford a CAT scan with this two-bit travel insurance I've got. If that is a picture of my liver, then they got it the old fashioned way. Now that I think about it, where did that festering scar come from? 2 points!

Jessie: "shockers?" jeeze. My Mom reads this. Heck, my Grandma reads this. Fortunately, I have no idea what you're talking about--- but I'm assuming it's dirty. Sheesh. 1 point, just so Mom and Grandma at least think I'm generous.

gnuheller again?!?: WTF dude? You don't get two tries. I grant that your answer was actually pretty interesting and imaginative, not to mention your tie in with Midnight Oil and Australian Politics. I also grant you -2 points for your impertinence.

Lizzle: Vaginas yes. And you should know! 3.5 points.

And the rankings:

gnuheller 6.6
Velma 6.5
Karl 6.4
Dad 6
Matt 5.5
Lenny 5
Mom 4
Lizzle 3.5
Steve 3
Jason 3
Jessie 1
Rich 1
Mark 1
Guru 1
Mike -3

Quite the battle we've got going on here! Gnuheller holds on to a microscopic lead. Velma leaps into second place with Karl at her heels. Dad's steady play keeps him poised to hit sneak into the top three.

The next quiz also has a pictoral element. It will be up in a few days when I get my NSW and ACT pics up there. They're almost there. Melbourne has excellent internet cafes that are letting me catch up on all this stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scottley said...

Lizzle! I don't know what you're talking about. You're up there, please look again.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home