Thursday, August 10, 2006

This should be interesting

Jeeze. Couldn't they wait just one more month to try to blow up planes?

I'm due into Heathrow on Sunday. I'm due to fly out from Stansted on Monday for Iceland.

I have no idea if my flight is going to go ahead or what the situation will be like at the airport. My chances of finding a room for the night of my layover are also now probably nil from all the people who will be stuck in Lonon. Maybe I can call in a favor from some contacts I have in London-- if I get there.

On the bright side, I'm finding Moscow to be completely pleasant. The tourists have annoyed me away from the otherwise impressive Kremlin area, but the rest of the city and the museums all seem very chill. The subway is by far the best I have ever travelled. Collectively, the system's stations are works of art to rival the tourist traps at the Kremlin. My average wait time for a train is one minute. I've never waited more than three. Classy.

The city is busy and bustley, but it has a nice hushed quality to it. The cars are generally in good repair (the traffic noise is low), and there's plenty of room for everyone. Maybe they're all out in Siberia on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home