Sunday, July 30, 2006

Chugging on

Written on 29.07.2006 at 10:55am

Posting from a dial up connection at the train station in Tynda, on the Baikal-Amur Magistral line.

Decided to leave Khabarovsk two nights ago, to take the 31 hour trip onward up here. While I'm gone, Tatiana at the fantastic Dalgeo Tours is looking into apartments and Russian instructors for me back in Khabarovsk. If I see something I like, I may go back.

On the other hand, I just bought my ticket to go tomorrow morning for the 24 hour ride to Seiveralbaikalsk, where there's lots of boat and mountain activities waiting for me. It's possible that something there will tickle my fancy and I'll stick around.

-- just got my email from Tatiana. Khabarovsk will be too expensive to linger in. I guess I'm moving on.

The train trip was easy. I had mixed bouts of contentment and stir-craziness. The 1 year old kid sharing my cabin was both amusing (sometimes), annoying (other times) and unbearably bawly (often enough!)

Arrived last night in the middle of the night. Dodgy place, a train station in the middle of the night. A few stories there. As usual, no time to write them now. The kid's mother, 28 year old Lena, has offered to drive me around today to see Tynda's sights. We're due to meet in 5 minutes.

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home