Monday, June 05, 2006

All very sudden

With my flights all sorted out, my time in Australia is rapidly coming to a close. It's caught me off guard as I'm suddenly nostalgic for all the little bits that I've been assimilating and taking for granted. I've become quite at home here, which while it's sad to go, is all the more reason to hit the road again.

So Monday morning, I schlepped up to the airport to finish my flight bookings. I'm using my Star Alliance miles to get to Beijing on Thai Airways and then flying on Air China to Ulaan Bataar. There were no eligible flights for coach seats on my way to Beijing until the end of the month, so I got business class (actually known as "Royal Silk Class" !!) instead for only 25,000 miles more. Bargain.

As an unexpected bonus, my flight to Beijing has a stopover in Bangkok, which I was able to extend for a few nights, so I'll actually get to punch my passport in Thailand. I don't know what I'll accomplish in Bangkok in such a short time, but I'm happy for the opportunity.

Here's my official flight information:

June 8 Thai Airways flight 994 departs MEL at 00:15, arrives BKK at 06:35

June 12 Thai Airways flight 674 departs BKK at 00:35, arrives PEK at 06:15

June 12 Air China flight 901 departs PEK at 08:50, arrives ULN at 12:35

I'm off to book my room in Ulaan Bataar, while I do that, check out the pictures from my travels around Victoria.

1 Comments:

Blogger espd said...

Velma suggested you might like Overheard in Ney York, in case you hadn't already heard of it.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home