Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hallmark be Damned

This poem is for my Mom
and my Grandma, too.
All my adventures in the world,
I dedicate to you.

For all my miles travelled,
down here they call them klicks,
At each turn I think of you
as I go find my kicks.

It will have to do for now,
as I opine and shrug,
no better way to send my love
than this 'lectronic hug.

Happy Mother's Day!

----------

I'm in Melbourne now, my last major Australian city. I like it here so far, just like everyone I've met said I would. Staying in the beachside suburb of St. Kilda, a popular little district of mostly restaurants. Haven't spent too much time exploring the city yet, mostly trying to finish of my book. With that out of the way, I'll probably use Melby as a base of operations into the surrounding Victorian countryside. There's the Great Ocean Road to cruise, the Grampians to hike and the Arapalies to climb. Also on my agenda is getting the car up to snuff so that I can sell it. Initial signs in the market are that I have a pretty good chance of at least breaking even.

Went shopping yesterday in Fitzroy. Decided I was tired of schlepping around in grubby jeans. Time to go out and test the new wardrobe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home