Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Here for out again

Jan 31, 2006
John F. Kennedy International Airport, Terminal 6
New York, NY
~3:45 PM

The flight boards at 5pm to take me to SJC. Louis was kind enough to take me to the airport, but I think he needed it too. After our time in Haiti together, it was great that we could see each other off.

For the first time in a long time, I'm heading away from home. These past two months in my Parents' house have been wonderful; it was great to indulge in my family like it used to be. It was very hard saying goodbye to everyone here, a vague uncertainty has suffused these past few days. Nonetheless, it is time to confidently move on with my journey with the best wishes and excitement of my friends and loved ones at my back.

On the plane today, I'm going to start chronicling my Haiti trip. It's bound to be somewhat more of a long term project than I'm used to, so please have patience. I'm going to start today by writing an outline.

As for the rest of the Haiti pics, there's been a temporary snag. The few pics that I did upload were done in Santiago at the Hotel Aloha Sol's internet room. It was late, I was tired and we were rushed off the machines when our time ran out. In the commotion, I left my CF card and adapter attached to the back of their computer. There it sat until I frantically called the hotel this morning and the manager retreived it for me. He's UPSing it up to NY tomorrow, but the card will have to catch up with me in SF or Oz. There lesson is to be extra vigilant in the moments when I'm tired and open to distraction. Take it easy, old man.

Time to get a snack. Catch you from Cali.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncertainty... Isn't that what adventures are all about? You are on your way! Our love, excitment and good wishes will hopefully be the wind at your back... Mom

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott
Thanks for the post card last year.

Here's what I read:
Wayward traveller: Seeker/Wanderer
Supreme frustrater: Warrior/Rebel
Lamentable philosopher: Philosopher
Master karaoke: Don Juan

And here's what I also see:
Visionary/Pioneer
Athlete
Avenger/Messiah
Liberator

Let's do a reading soon, before Australia.
Love
Helena

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

Let me know you made it into Cali OK my brother!

Get some rest . . . . . Be silly for a little bit and get it out of your system.

I'm off to run the Surgical ICU in a few moments.

Unreal, isn't it?

Your Friend,

Lou

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home