Sunday, December 11, 2005

In and around with Scottley

Hey All,

FINALLY got the pics posted from the Meadowbrook Expedition. I've worked in several audio captions that you might also find interesting, so keep an eye out for the audioblog controls that pop up in the image captions. You'll need Flash Player to hear the clips, but you probably already have it.

I've been up to a lot of other stuff, too. Lots of drinking in the NYC with Jason and Jessie et al. Hanging with Matt and late night pizza with Lou. Saw Calexico, Iron & Wine and Friends last Tuesday. I like Iron & Wine just fine but their music is too chill for me to be standing to for 2.5 hours. Calexico rocked the house, but the real treat was the unusually engaging opening act Tim Fite. Think of a combo of bluegrass, hip hop, electronic experimental revivalist. . . picked up his CD, which is great, but these guys really put on a show-- really got the audience into it.

Thursday was a great day at my Grandparents'. Grandma and I made a ham and cheese quiche for lunch and then she showed me how to bake her super secret cheesecake. While it was baking, the three of us finished up the NYT crossword puzzle for the day. I think I'm hooked. My attempts to assist on Friday's edition were not nearly as successful. It was so nice to spend some easy time with them. I'll probably go over there again tomorrow-- there's still some cheesecake left.

Carter is probably coming to town next week sometime. It will be nice to have a hanging partner about.

Not much else to report. I spoke to Mike briefly tonight about making the plans in Oz. I also have to think about a recent trip proposal by Louis that might intervene-- options, options. . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed reading about your adventure. the wait was worth it.

The audio was a particular treat. It's interesting how it didn't start until you were well on your way, almost as if you were recording last memoirs as you headed out into the unknown.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Rich Unger said...

When you go back into that tunnel, don't forget your theramin.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Scottley said...

You got it, Karl. I was definitely thinking Blair Witch :)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo scott -

glad to see you made it cross the country safe. I didn't really closely follow your blog, but stopped in to see what was up.

I'm just doing the dot-com thing, really enjoying things here at Yahoo! Life is good.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home