Thursday, October 27, 2005

Last post from 689 Roble Ave #3B

Sleeping on the couch tonight, everything else is gone or packed. Tomorrow, I think I'm heading down to San Diego. I'll call Steve in the morning to see if he's up for company. Friday morning, it's off to Tucson, AZ and I'm excited about staying at the Hotel Congress, it seems like just the quirky kind of place to begin my adventures. It's funny, I wasn't really excited about my trip until I found the Hotel. I think all of the packing these past weeks has really kept me isolated from the emotions of leaving. The odd "this is my last time to xyz" moments have been there, but I haven't been feeling particularly mushy. I'm guessing it will be like my trip to Burning Man-- a few hours out of the Bay Area and all the possibilities will be opening up in front of me, along with the emotional spigots.

Once in Tucson, the plan is to stop by the local independent record shop, maybe one of these places. Some of my favorite music (Gelb, Calexico, Reubens) has come out of Tucson and this first stop is sort of a pilgrimage. I'm hoping that the fellows at the record shops might recommend some good local bands to check out while I'm in town. Sadly, I missed Calexico here by a few weeks. Not sure if I'll actually find good music, but it seems like a worthy quest to begin my journey-- I've never used music as a traveling motivation before.

Wow. 1am already. Time to shut down, read for a bit and get some sleep. Tomorrow I return Dave's truck, put the last things in my car, and drive away.

I bid you goodnight.

PS: One last thing-- the pics from the Karaoke and Wrestling Leisure Club are up on my smugmug account. Sorry about the lack of order and captions. Maybe I'll get around to sorting them out one day. Thanks to dpd, Damien, Jill, Bryan and Liz for providing their pics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sjáumst! goða ferð!

[something witty in english]

I was going to give you a call, expecting you to be somewhere else, and checked in to see if you happened to have updated. But you've not even left yet! Slacker :)

You need to travel, before you can settle down and do the retirement thing with style and grace.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun your freakn slacker ... Thanks for returning most of my truck. I got my Tonneau Cover right away this evening. I bet TJ won't even notice its missing.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home