Wednesday, June 01, 2005

An honest to gosh date

Blogging is weird. I went from feeling like every little detail in life was worthy of broadcast to feeling like every little detail in life was just a stupid little detail and beyond my caring, much less the caring of my dear friends and readers. Alas! But nonetheless. . .

If I come back to the U.S. after my trip, it will be to San Francisco. There is no place else I'd rather live. Unless of course, Peak Oil hits hard and I have to buy up a small town in rural Illinois and start a techno-commune. . .

At any rate, I had a unique experience tonight. I went on a date. Not an internet "Intimate Encounter", not a drunken hook up at a party-- and honest to gosh date.

I met Amy on Lavalife last week, we got to chatting and so without too much time wasting I suggested that we get some beers at the Nuthouse tonight so that she could kick my ass at pool. Well, she did take 2/3, but we stopped the last game early since we were starving and decided to go try and find some sushi-- her suggestion, I like this one. Amy was about as an ideal "date" as there could be. We just had some beers, started talking and had a great time. She's pretty cute, too. There wasn't a crazy spark of attraction (night ended in a good hug and a rain check for sushi next week), but there wasn't any pressure for anything either. I think there was good chemistry that we could build on for fun times to come in whatever form.

(Incidentally, based on previous experience, I was assuming that anyone on Lavalife who marked their profile as having an "average" body type would turn out to be a real heifer. Not so, and thanks for it. I can't imagine how big the "Queen Sized" women must be.)

Renewed my passport today. I wonder how long it takes for that to get back to me. Need to start planning the summer, weekend by weekend before it's all gone.

Stuff I want to do that I can remember right now:
  • Climb at Lover's Leap
  • Backpack in the High Sierra
  • Hike Half Dome
  • Chat with LaSara 1:1
  • Bike over Skyline to the coast and back
  • Replace the dinged up bits on my motorcycle
Hmm. That list isn't quite as long as I thought. This is good. I think I've got time to fit that all in and still have time to prep for my trip. Just today I thought that I need to buy a toiletry kit. That's big time planning for me so far. What an accomplishment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bogg is boring...nothing ever changes. I suppose you are too busy living life to write it down :) -Jess

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home