Thursday, April 07, 2005

Something I've put off for far too long

I am sitting here elated, electrified-- smiling and tearing. Opening my calendar, clicking the date, typing the event title in big caps as a label for Friday Oct 7, 2005:

LAST DAY AT CISCO

The script's end is marked.

The next monday I won't have to go to work. I can be at Camp 4 in Yosemite. I can be getting off a plane in Auckland. I can be anywhere in the whole fucking world. And I can afford it.

TJ is sitting here with me, chatting about it. He made the most beautiful suggestion. Let's go out tomorrow night, invite my close coworkers (a few already know my idea of leaving) and celebrate. We'll go to Trials. We'll drink to the rest of my life.

Thanks, Camille. Your little blurb on Tribe nudged me off the edge. Maybe one day I can return the favour.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad props, kid. Mad props.

j

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

j? who is j? I'm just going to say HOORAY! now you too, can live the high life!

273 days out of work, and loving it! You're gonna have a blast boyo.

Karl P

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more bit of spam.

Days Scott has left at CSCO!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home