Sunday, April 17, 2005

Biker Buff



Today, TJ and I went and splurged on new clipless pedal systems and swanky biking clothes. Afterward, we went and tested out our new acquisitions on a little ride down Alameda de las Pulgas to Stockbridge Rd, up and around Eleanor Drive and back again. I did the same route yesterday in running shoes and toe clips and wound up walking the second half of the Eleanor Drive circuit-- no mojo in my go-go.

Today though, thanks I'm sure to the bitching flames on my new jersey, we made it up and all the way around without stoping and feeling pretty great by the end of it. We wound up casually cruising around the Stanford campus, enjoying the golden hour light and then an energizing tailwind on the way home. We've got a long way to go before we're ready to get to the top of Skyline, but we're on the way. In style.



New Equipment Purchased:
  • Shimano M515 Pedals -- basic, cheap, reliable pedals
  • Shimano MA80 Shoes -- with recessed cleat
  • Trek 75in^3 under-saddle pouch -- now with more pouchyness
  • Trek Fuel jersey -- with sublimated flames!
  • Trek cargo biking shorts -- with integrated chamois liner
We went over to Chain Reaction in Los Altos. Their website was very extensive and gave me a good vibe. The store had a great selection and the staff was friendly. TJ and I especially appreciated the patience of our sales guy, Brian, while we asked stupid questions about the world of stretch-tight jerseys and butt-padded shorts. I'll definitely go back there again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what pedals did you get?

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better, I would think you two were lovers in that picture. You are too cool!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home